We are happy to announce the release of Cesium 1.33. Highlights include:
GoogleEarthEnterpriseImageryProviderto use terrain and imagery from Google Earth Enterprise servers. #5189.
- Support for dashed polylines #5159.
- Added a
depthFailMaterialproperty to line entities, which allows you to render lines behind terrain and other objects with a different material. #5160
For the full list of changes, see the change log.
A polyline with the new depthFailMaterial. The dased part of the line is obscured by terrain and uses the new dashed polyline material.
- More and more people are using 3D Tiles.
- Kat Lim is back! She’s working again with the Cesium team.
- Check out Cesium HTML Billboards by Thad Thompson.
- Find out about using Google Earth Enterprise terrain in Cesium.
- Take a sneak peek at the new Cesium arcade game.
- Talks and a workshop by the Cesium team were accepted early for [FOSS4G]:
- Why 3D? The benefits of 3D geospatial visualization beyond pretty pictures talk by Hannah Pinkos
- 3D Tiles in Action talk by Sean Lilley
- Everything old is new again: What open source Google Earth Enterprise means for FOSS4G and Cesium by Matt Amato
- Web 3D Geospatial Made Easy: An Introduction to Cesium workshop by Rachel Hwang
- Rachel Hwang’s presentation at TEDxPenn, The Geospatial Renaissance, is up on our presentations page.
We have four new showcases up on our demos page.