Effective Date: 5/25/2018
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your browser about websites that you visit. They allow the website or a third party service to recognize you and make your next visit customized to your interests.
- to analyze and improve your use of our products and services
- to provide analytics
- to authorize your account and device
We do not correlate this information with data about individual users, nor do we sell this information or share it with any third party, other than our affiliates and partners. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this will limit your ability to access and use our services, such as logging into your account.
Types of cookies
Cookies may be stored either as: session cookies, which are only stored in memory, thus when the browser is closed, the cookie is permanently lost; or persistent cookies, which expire after a certain date set by us.
- Strictly Necessary cookies are essential to navigate around a website and cannot be switched off. Without these cookies you will not be able to use our basic services.
- Functionality cookies enable us to remember information like usernames, language preferences, and regions. This information helps make it easier when you log in.
- Performance cookies collect anonymous data for statistical purposes, to count visits and traffic sources, so that we can improve user experience. This information is collected in the aggregate and is therefore anonymous.
Third party cookies
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third party cookies to report usage statistics.
How can you turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies, or to stop accepting cookies from particular websites. All modern browsers should allow you to change your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. For instructions, check the support website for your browser. Please note that cesium ion does not work without cookies, because those cookies are strictly necessary cookies.