Frequently asked questions
What payment options do you support?
We accept all major credit and debit cards, as well as direct bank transfers from US banks.
To pay via purchase order, contact our sales team.
Do you support annual billing?
You can choose whether to get billed monthly or annually when you upgrade to a paid tier.
When do I need a paid account with a commercial license?
- If your company currently makes more than $50K in annual gross revenues or has raised funds in excess of $50K
- If you are working on a government project
- If you are working on funded educational research
- If you exceed the usage limits of the free community account
The free community account can be used for
- Non-commercial personal projects
- Exploratory commercial or government development, e.g., evaluating if Cesium ion will meet your needs
- Unfunded educational activities
If you are not sure if you need a free or paid account, contact our sales team.
How are apps and end users counted?
All Cesium ion plans have no limit to the number of apps and end users for your apps. You can build as many CesiumJS applications as you would like that use the same Cesium ion account for streaming 3D assets. There is also no limit to the number of unique end users that access your apps.
All of the usage generated by your apps and end users just needs to fit into the usage limits of your Cesium ion account.
What are the best practices for maximizing ion usage?
See Understanding and Optimizing ion Quotas.
What if my credit card is canceled and I miss a payment?
No worries, it happens. We will contact you.
Where do I go for support?
Post your question on the Cesium community forum to get an answer from the Cesium team and contribute to a knowledge base that helps the community.
What does priority support mean?
While we do our best to respond to everyone, users with a commercial or premium account can expect guaranteed and faster responses on the community forum.
What if I have a question I need to ask in private?
Send us a private message on the community forum.