Join us virtually at SIGGRAPH to learn about and discuss the metaverse!
I am co-organizing the SIGGRAPH Building the Open Metaverse BOF with Marc Petit, VP and General Manager, Unreal Engine at Epic Games on Tuesday, August 10, 1-3:00 pm ET.
The metaverse will be an open and immersive network for gaming, social engagement, and enterprise collaboration, enabled by the advancement of a breadth of graphics technology, including game engines, AR wearables, real-world scans, and VR.
Since the metaverse will be built collaboratively by many organizations, technical experts from across the community are joining us to give short presentations on their vision of the metaverse and their contributions to it.
- Nadine Alameh, CEO at Open Geospatial Consortium
- Teddy Bergsman, Senior Director, Quixel at Epic Games
- Rev Lebaredian, VP, Simulation Technology at NVIDIA
- Morgan McGuire, Chief Scientist at Roblox
- Shehzan Mohammed, Director of Product Management at Cesium
- Royal O'Brien, GM of Digital Media and Games, Linux Foundation
- Christine Perey, Spime Wrangler at PEREY Research & Consulting
- Ash M. Richter, Senior Technology Architect at In-Q-Tel
- Mark Sagar, CEO and Co-Founder, Soul Machines
- Neil Trevett, President, The Khronos Group and VP, Developer Ecosystems at NVIDIA
- Vladimir Vukićević, Director, Software Engineering, Unity
- Samantha G. Wolfe, Founder at PitchFWD and Adjunct Professor at NYU Steinhardt
Learn more about the organizers and presenters.
This will be a forward-looking educational and collaborative event. To attend the live session, SIGGRAPH 2021 registration at the Basic Attendee level or greater is required.
Slide links will be posted afterward in our virtual trip report on the Cesium blog.
Drop me an email if you would like to discuss the event, the metaverse, or all things 3D geospatial.