We are happy to announce the release of Cesium 1.44. Highlights include:
- Added a new Sandcastle label, New in X.X which will include all new Sandcastle demos added for the current release.
- Added support for glTF models with Draco geometry compression.
- Added support for ordering in DataSourceCollection.
For the full list of changes, see the change log.
Cesium World Terrain in Australia.
- Cesium is now using Cesium World Terrain, a high-resolution global terrain tileset. Check out the locations we featured in England and Australia.
- The newest version of the Cesium arcade game is now complete, featuring city data from NTT Data and omni-line-of-sight calculations. Catch us at a conference to play on the Cesium Arcade Machine.
- Matt Amato from the Cesium team took an in-depth look at the new Cesium ion Cloud Architecture.
- Ricardo Morin wrote a guest post on our blog about working with time dynamic visualization in Cesium.
- Hiroki Inoue published a guest post on our blog about Integrating Cesium with React.
- Aristeidis Bampakos published a guest post on our blog about integrating Cesium and Angular.
- Xavier Bourry wrote a guest post on our blog about navigating a Cesium globe using a webcam and your head.
This was a busy month for us!
- Patrick spoke in an AGI-hosted webinar about STK Components and Cesium.
- Hannah went to Temple University to share the Cesium Workshop, which walks brand new users through developing a Cesium application, beginning to end.
- Gabby spoke at the University of Pennsylvania about building an open source community. Her slides are up on our presentations page.
- Todd went with our Bentley partners to GIS-T.
- Hannah and Gabby supported GETT by meeting with students and sharing the Cesium drone game as well as actual drones.
- Patrick went to GDC and GTC to talk about the momentum of glTF and Cesium’s use for autonomous car simulation.
Patrick at the GDC WebGL and glTF session for Khronos Developer Day. Image credit: Brandon Jones.
We have four new showcases up on our demos page.