We are wrapping up a remarkable year for Cesium! From CesiumJS to the team to our community, 2019 brought major milestones. Here are some of the highlights:
- We raised a $5M Series A investment and launched our new company!
Being our own company means we can dedicate more resources to unlocking the potential of real world 3D data. And we’re excited about it! I celebrated our spinout with a quilt of the Cesium logo.
- 3D Tiles was approved as an Open Geospatial Consortium Community Standard.
3D Tiles is designed to make massive and complex 3D data more useable. Being an open standard also makes that date more accessible and interoperable across all kinds of tools and applications.
- CesiumJS surpassed 800,000 lifetime downloads!
We love seeing the incredible things the Cesium community is building! We look forward to continuing to support CesiumJS with you.
- We moved to a new headquarters in Philadelphia.
We love our new home in Philly!
- We grew our team from 12 to 20!
This photo was taken just as we were beginning to grow this year: we’ve added many new faces since!
- We collaborated with some incredible friends and partners, including Vricon, Uber, and Esri.
- We were recognized for our work on open standards and 3D geospatial.
- We upgraded Cesium World Terrain to even higher resolution.
Cesium World Terrain offers incredibly high resolution, in some places up to 50 cm! You can set your own data in this high resolution context with Cesium ion.
- We connected with our community and customers at events and conferences.
A huge thank you to our customers, friends, advisers, and most of all, the team and the Cesium community for advancing 3D geospatial in a big way this year. We’re looking forward to even bigger things in 2020, and we can’t wait for what’s next!