This month brought huge changes for Cesium! We’ve closed on funding and spun out from our parent company, Analytical Graphics Inc., allowing us to accelerate our growth and further develop the tools to unlock the potential of 3D data. As we build our platform and grow our team, we hope you’ll join us—we’re hiring!
Some hightlights include:
- Added support for Filmbox (FBX) models.
- Added support for tiling models with Targa, GIF, BMP, PSD, HDR, PPM or PGM images.
- Improved error reporting for invalid data.
- Added support for Zip64 uploads.
A new Blender add-on integrates directly with Cesium ion, making it easier to publish and stream 3D models with 3D Tiles.
Kokura Castle fused with Cesium World Terrain and imagery in CesiumJS.
Some highlights from the CesiumJS 1.60 release are:
- Reworked label rendering to use signed distance fields (SDF) for crisper text.
- Added support for polygon holes to CZML.
- Added totalScale property to Label which is the total scale of the label taking into account the label’s scale and the relative size of the desired font compared to the generated glyph size.
For the full list of changes to CesiumJS, see the change log.
Data61 is building the National Digital Twin of Australia with Cesium and TerriaJS. The digital twin will will include 3D, time dynamic, and even real-time data, making it possible to visualize large-scale 3D data and easily share scenarios for those who plan, design, and operate infrastructure and cities.