In October, Google Maps Platform’s Photorealistic 3D Tiles became generally available, and we announced that they are now accessible via Cesium ion. Let us know what you’re building!
CesiumJS 1.111 is now available. Highlights of this release include:
BingMapsImageryProvider.fromUrlnow takes an optional
mapLayerparameter which is a string that maps directly to the mapLayer template parameters specified in the Bing Maps documentation.
- By default,
createGooglePhotorealistic3DTilesetno longer shows credits on screen, as this is compliant with the minimum required attribution. To restore this behavior, pass the option
showCreditsOnScreen: true. #11589
- Fixed an issue with polygon hole rendering. #11583
- Fixed error with rhumb lines that have a 0 degree heading. #11573
As of CesiumJS 1.110.1, released in late October, CesiumJS no longer ships with a demo Google Maps API key.
GoogleMaps.defaultApiKey is no longer defined by default.
Cesium for Unreal v2.0.0 is now available. All releases now require Unreal Engine 5.1 or later.
This version builds on the preview release from October. Highlights of this release include:
- Complete rework of how to retrieve metadata from property textures via picking. Check out the upgrade guide for how to access property texture metadata with the new API.
- Removed the old "exclusion zones" feature, which has been deprecated since v1.11.0. Use
- Added support for
file:///URLs across all platforms and Unreal Engine versions.
- Added convenience buttons, including "Create Sub Level Here" button on
CesiumGeoreferenceand "Place Georeference Origin Here" button to
- Added "Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles" to the Quick Add panel.
Cesium for Omniverse v0.13.0 is now available. Highlights of this release include:
- Changing certain tileset properties no longer triggers a tileset reload.
- Added support for
displayOpacityfor tileset prims.
- Fixed rendering point clouds with alpha values.
Google Maps Platform’s Photorealistic 3D Tiles are now available in Cesium ion.
The changelog has the full list of updates.