CesiumJS 1.92 Release
CesiumJS 1.92 is now available. In addition to numerous bug fixes, we’ve added experimental support for the 3D Tiles 1.1 draft. Highlights of the release include:
Cesium3DTilesetnow has a
splitDirectionproperty, allowing the tileset to only be drawn on the left or right side of the screen. This is useful for visual comparison of tilesets.
- Added image-based lighting,
- Added a 'renderable' property to 'Fog' to disable its visual rendering while preserving tiles culling at a distance.
- Added support for
EXT_structural_metadataproperty attributes and textures in
See the changelog for a full list of updates and links to the discussion & code on each one. You can also subscribe to the Cesium roundup release thread on the community forum to get notifications about our monthly releases.
Cesium for Unreal 1.12.0 Release
Cesium for Unreal is now available for Unreal Engine 5 Preview 2, in addition to 4.26 and 4.27. Highlights of the new release include:
- Numerous changes in the Unreal Engine 5 version to take better advantage of the new support for double-precision coordinates.
- Added support for Web Map Service (WMS) raster overlays.
- Enabled anisotropic texture filtering by default for raster overlay textures, resulting in higher quality horizon views and much less “shimmering.” New texture group, filtering, and mipmap options allow fine-grained user control as needed.
- Improvements to the Credits system, including the ability to optionally show credits on screen instead of in a separate popup.
- Fixed memory leaks when using glTF emissive textures or moving the camera quickly.
Powered by Cesium
This month we saw Cesium at work in a number of sectors.