Cesium ion Updates
New assets are available for use in the Asset Depot! This includes:
- A 10 billion point 3D Tileset point cloud of Montreal
- 3D Tileset surface models of Cairo, Caracas, Damascus, Honolulu, San Francisco, and Tehran courtesy of Vricon
Improvements to the 3D tiling pipeline include:
- Fixed a few point cloud bugs related to projections and ECEF input data
- Improved SRS detection for CityGML files
- Trimmed the amount of metadata stored in tiles from CityGML input
A ~10 billion point 3D Tileset of the city of Montreal, Canada captured in 2015 with a resolution of 20 cm. Tiled and hosted by Cesium ion.
CesiumJS 1.58 Release
Some highlights from the CesiumJS 1.58 release are:
- Reduce the number of Bing transactions and ion Bing sessions used when destroying and recreating the same imagery layer to 1.
- Fixed memory leak when removing entities that had a
RELATIVE_TO_GROUND. This includes when removing a
- Fixed 3D Tiles credits not being shown in the data attribution box.
For the full list of changes to CesiumJS, see the change log.
Powered by Cesium
This month we’ve got our eye on Trendspek. They creates digital twins from drone imagery and shares them with 3D Tiles, making it possible to assess maintenance needs remotely.