We are happy to announce the release of Cesium 1.48. Highlights include:
- Added support for loading Draco compressed Point Cloud tiles for 2-3x better compression.
- Added TimeDynamicPointCloud for playback of time-dynamic point cloud data.
- Improved support for polygon entities using perPositionHeight, including supporting vertical polygons.
For the full list of changes, see the change log.
- Tom Fili published a blog post on Cesium ion’s added support for WMTS, in addition to TMS.
- Gary Li published a blog post on CesiumJS’s newly added support for polylines on terrain.
- Hannah Pinkos published a blog post on improvements to the way billboards and labels render when they’re clamped to terrain in CesiumJS.
Polylines on terrain—in this case, ski trails. Adapted from OpenLayers KML sample data, Copyright (c) OpenStreetMap Contributors under CC-BY-SA 2.0 License
- SIGGRAPH is August 12—16. We’re partnering with Toyota Research Institute to organize an Autonomous Driving BOF.
We have two new showcases up on our demos page.