We are happy to announce the release of Cesium 1.21. This is mainly a bug fix release as we gear up for 1.22, which will be a major release with shadows.
- Added ability to import and export Sandcastle example using GitHub Gists. #3795
PolygonGeometryoptions for creating an extruded polygon without a top or bottom. #3879
- Added support for polyline arrow material to
For more details and the full list of changes, see the change log.
The new Sandcastle import/export feature in action.
We’ve announced plans for cesiumjs.com, a place to acquire, curate, and process 3D data. Read more about it or sign up for a chance to be part of the upcoming beta release.
- Tom Pedbereznak of the Cesium team has added two more posts to his series of development tips. This month his posts covered how to Share Sandcastle Examples Easily with GitHub Gists and An Introduction to Cesium Desktop Apps with Electron.
- Gabby Getz has written a thorough post explaining how continuous integration improves Cesium.
- GeoSolutions published a post that covers using the upcoming version of their open-source MapSource with Cesium.
Cesium in Action
- A number of articles covered Cesium and CyberCity 3D’s visualization of Miami, including CityLab, Building Design and Construction, and the Miami Herald.
- FlightRadar24’s new 3D view is built on Cesium. Need glTF models for testing? See their 3D models.
- Check out the GitHub repo Angular2 + Cesiumjs + webpack starter kit.
- FOSS4G NA is May 2-5 in Raleigh, North Carolina. For Cesium-related events, see See You at FOSS4G NA.
- 3D in the Cloud, sponsored by Autodesk, was April 27 in Washington, D.C. Patrick Cozzi moderated and spoke as part of the panel discussion.
- Locate16 was held April 12-14 in Melbourne, Australia. Cesium had a great experience there.
- Cesium Pro Seminar was held April 11 in Tel Aviv, Israel, with 150 attendees.
Patrick Cozzi at Tech in Motion in Washington, D.C.
Lots of attendees for the Cesium Pro seminar in Tel Aviv.
Our booth at Locate 16 in Melbourne.
The Cesium team at AGI is hiring!
We have three new showcases up on the Cesium website.