We are pleased to announce the release of Cesium 1.9. This is mostly a bug fix release on the way to what is shaping up to be a significant 1.10 release.
Materialuniform values can now take a
canvaselement in addition to an image or url. #2667
- Fixed a bug which caused
Entity.viewFromto be ignored when flying to, zooming to, or tracking an Entity. #2628
- Fixed a bug that caused
PolylineVolumegeometry to be incorrect for sharp corners #2626
- Fixed crash when loading KML GroundOverlays that spanned 360 degrees. #2639
- Fixed a crash that would occur when the
CesiumWidgetwas resized to 0 while the camera was in motion. #2662
For the full list of changes, see the change log.
Other Cesium news from April
- We announced plans for streaming 3D building support in Cesium.
- We are participating in Google Summer of Code.
- One of the Summer of Code projects will be refactoring Cesium Sandcastle, join the conversation to suggest improvements.
- New AGI job openings for Cesium: Software Developer and UX Designer
- Our online model converter, which was offline earlier in the month, has been updated with many bugfixes and improved reliability.
- I gave a talk on at Philly Game Works that covered WebGL game development as well as Cesium: slides;
- Cube Cities wrote up several Cesium related blog posts, including A How-To Guide For Exploring 3D Buildings in Cesium, The Future Central Park South Skyline, and 260 & 261 Madison Avenue + 1 Vanderbilt massing.