- Learning Center
- CesiumJS Quickstart
- CesiumJS Getting Started Tutorials
- Build CesiumJS Apps
- CesiumJS No-Code Tutorials
- Cesium for Unreal Quickstart
- Cesium for Unreal Getting Started Tutorials
- Build Cesium for Unreal Apps
- Tile & Host Data on Cesium ion
- Integrate with Cesium ion
- API References
- Data Formats
- Live Code Examples
- Migrate from Google Earth
Set Location in Cesium ion
Some uploaded data is not georeferenced. Use the 3D Tiles Location Editor to set its position, rotation, and scale on the globe.
The steps are:
- On the Cesium ion My Assets page, click on Adjust Tileset Location above the asset preview.
- Pick an initial location and terrain, then click Next.
- Fine tune the position, rotation, and scale of the tileset and push Save.
Details are below.
Step 1. Open 3D Tiles Location Editor for the asset
On the My Assets page, select the asset you want to position.
Click the Adjust Tileset Location button above the preview window on the upper right side of the screen.
This will open the first page of the 3D Tiles Location Editor.
Step 2. Set the initial location and terrain
On the first page of the 3D Tiles Location Editor, set the rough position by entering the initial location address or longitude, latitude coordinates in the Search textbox.
Select a Terrain asset. Your tileset will be positioned relative to this terrain.
Step 3. Fine tune the position, rotation, and scale of your tileset
On the second page of the 3D Tiles Location Editor, you can fine-tune positioning, rotation, and scale. Tuning can be done with the interactive tool in the preview or with the form.
- Click position is helpful for large changes: Click the button and click on the location you want to use in the preview.
- Click Zoom to tileset for a better view of the tileset in the set position.
- To use the interactive tool for fine adjustments, click on the menu circle, click on the tool you want to use, then drag on the arrows. You can make the same types of adjustments by entering values in the form.
Go to the Globe Settings to
- disable/enable imagery (sometimes helpful for seeing exactly where your tileset intersects the ground)
- change the base terrain from the previously selected choice
When you’re done, push Save then click the Back to Assets button on the top toolbar.
After locating your data, learn how to visualize it using CesiumJS with Sandcastle examples.
Curious about other ways to bring data into Cesium ion? Check out these plugins for third party tools and services like Blender and Open Drone Map.