Cesium ion, the solution for hosting, tiling, and streaming 3D geospatial data, is now available for your own environment as Cesium ion Self-Hosted. Use Cesium ion Self-Hosted to meet corporate policy requirements or create air-gapped solutions that meet strict security requirements that can be deployed to remote, disconnected environments.
Cesium ion Self-Hosted offers all the features of Cesium ion SaaS including:
- Best available tilers for optimizing your data as 3D Tiles, the OGC community standard created by Cesium
- Integrations with CesiumJS, Cesium for Unreal, Cesium for Unity, and Cesium for Omniverse make it easy to build apps for the Web and game engines
- Fuse your own data with optional curated global 3D terrain, buildings, and imagery
- Cesium Stories: Our no-code solution for easily creating and sharing interactive 3D geospatial presentations
- User-friendly UI for managing 3D geospatial content and enabling collaboration
Cesium ion Self-Hosted is easy to integrate into your environment via a REST API and connection with your identity provider using SAML. It is deployed on Kubernetes, which provides scalability, unified infrastructure management, and the flexibility to deploy to commercial Cloud services like AWS, your own data center, or edge devices near where you capture data.
We recently demonstrated Cesium ion Self-Hosted at I/ITSEC 2023, the world's largest modeling, simulation, and training event. Cesium ion was installed on a NUC, a small, portable server that can be accessed by computers on a local network. This setup illustrated the potential for Cesium ion Self-Hosted to support remote and disconnected requirements, such as for drone data capture, visualization, and analytics in areas without network service.
“We’re encouraged by the demand and enthusiasm we saw at I/ITSEC for this offering and we’re eager to see what the 3D geospatial community builds now that the full range of Cesium ion capabilities is available in self-hosted deployments,” said Cesium CEO Patrick Cozzi.
We’ve improved the Quick Add panels for Cesium for Unreal and other Cesium plugins to allow developers to access content in Cesium ion Self-Hosted as well as Cesium ion SaaS. You can even connect to multiple Cesium ion accounts at the same time to build apps that combine SaaS-only content like Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles with content you manage in Cesium ion Self-Hosted.
Download the Cesium ion Self-Hosted one-pager.
Many thanks to the members of the Cesium community who participated in the testing and evaluation of Cesium ion Self-Hosted during the initial trial period.