Cesium is proud to continue our long history of engagement with SIGGRAPH this year in Vancouver, BC!
Cesium CEO Patrick Cozzi and Marc Petit, VP, Unreal Engine Ecosystem at Epic Games, are organizing a full-day, 2-part course on “Building the Open Metaverse.”
Starting at 9AM PDT on August 10, 2022, experts from across the community will come together to introduce the fundamental concepts of the open metaverse with a focus on openness, collaboration, and interoperability.
- Neal Stephenson, Cofounder, Lamina1 and Author, Snow Crash
- Guido Quaroni, Senior Director of Engineering, Adobe 3D&I
- Steve May, CTO, Pixar Animation Studios
- Natalya Tatarchuk, Distinguished Technical Fellow and Chief Architect, VP, Professional Artistry & Graphics Innovation, Unity
- Rev Lebaredian, Vice President, Omniverse & Simulation Technology, NVIDIA
- Morgan McGuire, Chief Scientist, Roblox
- Jeff Petersen, Principal Engineer, Amazon Web Services
- Nadine Alameh, CEO, Open Geospatial Consortium
- Neil Trevett, President, The Khronos Group, and VP, Developer Ecosystems, NVIDIA
The sessions are designed to provide a no-hype introduction to the open metaverse: a 3D internet of connected, persistent, virtual worlds with social and industrial applications.
Topics include the origin of the metaverse; its current state and potential future; Universal Scene Description as a foundational component for 3D; the next era of industries and AI; scaling global, social 3D experiences and scaling in the cloud; game engine ecosystems; real world geospatial data in the metaverse; the evolution of content creation; and interoperability through open standards.
The course originated due to the overwhelming interest in the Building the Open Metaverse BoF Session at last year’s SIGGRAPH, the event that inspired the podcast of the same name. We’ve now published 30 episodes on a wide range of metaverse topics.
See you in Vancouver!