We are happy to announce the release of Cesium 1.49. Highlights include:
- Several performance improvements and fixes to the 3D Tiles traversal code. #6390
EllipsoidGraphics, which can be used to clamp these entity types to terrain. #6932
- Terrain altitude is now taken into account for Geocoder destinations and when zooming or flying to imagery layers. #6876 #6895
For the full list of changes, see the change log.
- With newly added data, Cesium World Terrain now has higher resolution in the United States—up to 0.5m in some areas!
- Julian Simioni, a core maintainer of the Pelias geocoder used by Cesium ion, shared a guest post about geocoding on our blog.
New Cesium World Terrain.
- We had a great time at SIGGRAPH 2018 with lots of BOFs, including the first-ever Autonomous Driving Simulation and Visualization BOF, which we co-organized with Toyota Research. Gary Li’s trip report includes a summary and links to presentation slides and video.
At the Cesium BOF.
We have three new showcases up on our demos page.