We are happy to announce the release of Cesium 1.23. Highlights include
- Entities, KML, and GeoJSON terrain clamping.
- Up to 2x faster polygon triangulation using earcut.
- CZML consistency and documentation improvements. See the forum post.
- Ability to rotate the map in 2D.
- New Google Cardboard Sandcastle example.
For more details and the full list of changes, see the change log.
Google Cardboard Sandcastle example.
The Cesium forum passed 1,000 members this month. Thank you all for building such a strong Cesium community! We hope you’ll keep contributing.
Check out these developments by members of the Cesium community:
- ringowathelet created a Scala interface to Cesium.
- Abhishek Potnis launched a project on Enabling Cesium for Liquid Galaxy.
- Arik Lewin made a number of simple Cesium examples available.
- Cesium and CZML are coming to the Visual Studio code map extension by Jackie Ng.
- WebStorm plugin for switching between source and spec files.
Cesium WebStorm plugin.
- SIGGRAPH is coming up in July. Let us know if you want to present in the annual Cesium BOF.
- We posted a trip report about the core Cesium team’s summer code sprint.
- There was a good turnout for Cesium training in Taiwan.
We have four new showcases up on the Cesium website.