We are happy to announce the release of Cesium 1.29. Highlights include
- 3D Model silhouette rendering and 3D Model color/translucency blending. These are great highlighting effects.
- Label backgrounds to help make labels standout.
- Fixed translucency in Firefox 50.
- Fixed texture rotation for RectangleGeometry.
For the full list of changes, see the change log.
- For the fourth year in a row, NORAD used Cesium to track Santa’s Christmas Eve work.
Santa's journey visualized with Cesium.
- Cesium appeared on CNN in a story about defending US satellite systems that highlighted ComSpOC.
Cesium on CNN.
- See the Helsinki city model created using Bentley ContextCapture and 3D Tiles.
- The Cesium team’s code sprint led to all sorts of improvements: model coloring, silhouettes, rotating textures, label backgrounds, geocoder autocomplete, and numerous bug fixes.
- Patrick Cozzi wrote a guest post, Moving Graphics Research into Development, for the Real-Time Rendering blog, largely based on his experience with Cesium and 3D Tiles.
- React-Redux-Cesium-Testing Demo by Mark Erikson is a sample project demonstrating configuration of React, Redux, Webpack, Cesium, and Mocha.
- A Cesium wrapper to R is looking for contributors.
We have two new showcases up on our demos page.
The Commercial Planet, since discontinued.