Senior Dev Ops Engineer
A leadership opportunity to own Dev Ops for millions of end users.
With over 400,000 downloads and millions of end users, Cesium is defining the standard for 3D maps across industries from autonomous cars to drones to mixed reality.
In this role, you will bring the Cesium ion SaaS platform to a new level. You will:
- Own platform deployment, reliability, performance, and security
- Optimize compute and data performance and scalability
- Optimize AWS costs
- Maintain platform reliability and uptime
- Create a data-driven approach to understanding how our platform is used and what direct we should take it in
- Develop tools and new features to support these goals
- Well versed in our server-side tech stack:
- Node.js servers
- Kubernetes (experience with kops and Helm a plus)
- Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Experienced in managing the above technologies on AWS, plus S3, CloudFront (with lambda@edge), IAM, Batch, CloudWatch, Route 53, VPC, and Elastic Beanstalk. Experience with Terraform a plus.
- Reliability focused. If a customer can’t access our platform, you relentlessly investigate it.
- Intellectually curious. You proactively seek to learn more about Dev Ops and our platform.
- A mentor. You are the company’s Dev Ops expert and you love to share your knowledge with the team by one-on-one mentoring and writing best practices guides.
- Willing to wear any hat as needed to make the team and company successful.
- Passionate about working intensely as needed in a growth-oriented early-stage startup environment. We’re a startup pushing hard, but we are also realistic about making sustainable progress.
It’s a bonus if you have experience with:
- Open-source culture
- 3D computer graphics
At Cesium we’re building an end-to-end platform for creating 3D mapping and visualization applications that are fast and highly accurate. We want data providers and app developers to be able to easily render massive heterogenous datasets online and on a globe, create beautiful visualizations, run detailed and precise analysis, and ultimately better use and understand the data being collected around them. You’ll improve this platform, enhance existing features and functionality, and add new ones dreamt up by yourself, our team, and our clients.
For more on our tech stack, see the Cesium ion Cloud Architecture.
The Cesium team is part of Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI), where computer science and rocket science combine to serve security and space professionals.
AGI won the Best Tech Work Culture at the Philadelphia Timmy Awards, was listed as a Philly.com Top Workplace, and was listed in the top 10 coolest companies to work for in Philadelphia.
AGI is located in Exton, outside of Philadelphia. We are happy to help you find housing and transportation.
Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.