We are pleased to announce the release of Cesium 1.13. Highlights include:
- Improved Cesium compatibility on mobile GPUs, such as the Mali-400MP.
- Support for
GroundPrimitivewhich works much like
Primitivebut drapes geometry over terrain.
- Support for z-ordering of
For more details and the full list of changes, see the change log.
Several GroundPrimitives draped over Mount St. Helens.
Other Cesium news from August
- We welcomed Sean Lilley to the Cesium team as a 3D software developer.
- We also welcomed Sarah Chow as a freelance editor, with special focus on polishing the Cesium Blog and our Demos and Showcases.
- Most of the Cesium team attended SIGGRAPH and presented talks at the Caro BOF, WebGL BOF, and our own Cesium BOF. Be sure to check out our trip report.
- We posted a blog detailing our plane masking implementation for fast hierarchical culling.
- We introduced 3D Tiles, a new open specification for streaming massive heterogeneous 3D geospatial datasets.
- We also launched a new demo of over 1.1 million buildings in New York City, showing off just a fraction of what 3D Tiles can do.
We’ve added 9 new showcases that demonstrate the diverse range of applications and industries that benefit from Cesium.