Cesium version 1.5 is now available for download.
- Improved GeoJSON, TopoJSON, and general polygon loading performance.
- Added caching to
Modelto save memory and improve loading speed when several models with the same url are created. Thanks to Sergio Flores from Inovaworks for his support.
- Improved the quality of font outlines.
For a full list of changes, see the change log.
In the News
- AGI, the folks who started Cesium, have a new job opening for a Business Development Lead for Cesium.
- For the third year in a row, Cesium was used for the popular NORAD Tracks Santa site. Check out the article on the NVIDIA blog.
- There is a new showcase for Bhuvan, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) geoportal, which now uses Cesium for 3D.
- Our talk, Temporal Visualization with Cesium by Matt Amato, was accepted to FOSS4G NA.
- Chris Cooper from NICTA wrote a guest blog post, From the real to the virtual world.
- The CesiumVR plugin (formerly named the Oculus plugin) by NICTA is now built on WebVR.